Sunday, September 11, 2011

SUNRISE - September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011

The sun rose again for me today.

September 11, 2011 - Sunrise 6:17 a.m.
I was there with my family to see it.

There was food in the refrigerator.  The A/C was functioning.  There were nice cars in the driveway.

I had far too many articles of clothing hanging in the closet.  I have nice neighbors in a nice neighborhood.  I am gainfully employed, as are my children and my relatives.

We are all healthy.  We could all afford to go to the movies and dinner if we chose to do so.  I can leave my city, my state, my country, fly around the world any time I wish and come back, without needing anyone's permission.

I am using a fairly new computer, hooked to the internet, to make this post.  Upon publication, my family and followers will be able to view it, rather instantly, on their PCs, MACS,  IPads, or Smart Phones.  Not all of these benefits of a comfortable life are as readily available to many around the world.

There were many men, women, children, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers at the World Trade Center NYC,  that as of this date, ten years ago were denied the next sunrise.

September 11, 2001 is the 'Pearl Harbor' for our generation.  There are those that wish to strip us of all the freedoms listed above.  Freedom is not always free.

Always remember; never forget.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment