Sunday, May 1, 2011

SUNRISE May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011 Sunrise 6:10 am
  "It was for the glory of it and a way out of dreary old day-job land. That wasn't for me, the music gave me a motivation.”  Joe Elliott
 "Take off your hat to your yesterdays; take off your coat for your tomorrows." -  Proverb

 Surely there comes a time when counting the cost and paying the price aren't things to think about any more. All that matters is value - the ultimate value of what one does.” - James Hilton

Easily, playing in a band LIVE was one of the top 10 experiences I have ever had the opportunity to be connected with (and I have had quite a few).  It was indeed, what I hoped it would be and more.  

Played satisfactorily, small crowd of people I didn't know (except for Lisa, Sarah and Dustin), and the adrenalin of a live performance (no 'do-overs' as the boys used to say).  When we got to the last song and I had passed the hard parts and were in the final moments and I knew I had it nailed and was going to achieve the personal goal I had set for myself...I actually looked up into the audience at Lise (filming, thank you very much) and SMILED.  Then, I let myself enjoy the moment.  It doesn't get any better.
rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment