Friday, May 20, 2011

SUNRISE: May 20, 2011

May 20, 2011  Sunrise 5:50 am
Some purport that tomorrow May 21, 2011 is The End of Days", so this may be my last post.  In case this is announcement misinformation, I have already gathered information for tomorrow night's post...



On Christmas day, 2010, I started a new daily blog for myself, that, although I share it with those I love, it is mostly for me:  SUNRISE and TIME.   Some times I ramble, but mostly I post a just few quotes about the use of the TIME given us. That is what I choose to put into my head each day.  A lot of the quotes I post are from people that are long since dead.  Do they live on in my posts?  Is my life richer by reading, internalizing, applying and sharing their thoughts and observations?  

Some quotes are famous, some are not.  They all have a thread that we all share.  How valuable is our time?  Long or short, how do we choose to invest it and use the hours we were given.  Centuries ago, human beings were dealing with the same crisis of how they used the time given them and how much of that illusive gift of TIME they might have left.  Nothing has changed, other than we are richer for the thoughts they left behind.

When that final day comes for me, my hope is that I will accept the moment, regretting little, knowing I have loved much, lived well and hopefully, positively impacted a few. 

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment