Thursday, June 2, 2011

SUNRISE - June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011 Sunrise 5:43 am

An interesting measurement of TIME.

Today we are Half-Way done with 2011 and a bit like Benjamin Franklin; I am somewhat reluctant to try to add up all the worthy accomplishments I've garnered in the first half of this gift of yet another year.  ‘Half-Way’ is a significant marker, as I am half-way satisfied with a slew of things I accomplished that I didn't think possible and then I am also half-reminded of my own pre-epitaph: "The best things in life aren't things".

 Half-Way down the road of 2011, in the midst of gathering my figurative heirloom roses, I did stop a few times for a sniff or two, the rocky path of my life strewn with interesting diversions, a few dead end cul-de-sac turn arounds, some promised scenic turnouts with a view (and some with none), as well as the human requisite seconds, minutes, hours and days that just somehow disappeared like a fine mist in the wind.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment