Thursday, June 2, 2011

SUNRISE - June 2, 2011

June 2, 2011 Sunrise 5:43 am

As a vaguely interesting side-note, I am required by well-intentioned doctors to take a lot of pills.  Every day. To keep them straight, I have these little pill boxes marked Sunday through Saturday.  Two of them.  There is a large blue rectangular box that holds my obligatory night meds for cholesterol, heart, and blood thinner meds, etc.  Next to it is a smaller white rectangular box that holds my required morning meds that includes a pill to settle my stomach down from taking all the other pills.

Note: these pill boxes conveniently stack on one another next to the two types of eye drops I take every morning and every night for Glaucoma.  I supposed if the Glaucoma issues deteriorate enough, I won’t be able to clearly see the pills I have to take – ha.  Just inches away, is the tube of chloride paste I have to squirt in my custom teeth molds and wear nightly to protect my teeth from the ravages of the radiation and chemo treatment for the Cancer treatments that precipitated my growing fascination with the extra gift of TIME and what to do with it in the first place.  

Every Friday, the boxes are empty.  A week has passed. TIME to refill the pill boxes.  A week of my life has passed. What did I do with it?  I find myself measuring the passage of my TIME in the weekly required pill - box refills – a glaring and unavoidable marker of precious moments in the rear view mirror.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment