Friday, June 17, 2011

SUNRISE - June 17, 2011

"The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running." ~Author unknown, in reference to Ecclesiastes 9:11, "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."
June 17, 2011 Sunrise 5:41 am


Daphne, the cat that rules the house had her first birthday yesterday with brownies for the guests and treats for the birthday girl and a serenade by Sarah on her new guitar.


Lise and I started our duo of 'House of the Rising Sun' -  electric bass and violin...actually sounds pretty cool.  Went to my lessons last night and my teacher played along on rhythm guitar...very nice.  As Lise tries to 'educate and clean me up' to be presentable, music wise...I am introducing a rock flavour to the mix...


I am pushing for this version of "House of he Rising Sun' by Pink Floyd.


Open mic night tomorrow - 'White Rabbit' debuts and a slicked up version of 'Smoke on the Water'.....oh, I am now going down the road to Da Doo Ron Ron- The Crystals....so, so retro and I am loving it - can you picture Sarah on vocals (I am thinking I can almost hear violin on this one...).


rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment