Monday, June 13, 2011

SUNRISE - June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011 Sunrise 5:41 am
Welton Garden

"Do not wait; the TIME will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."  - Napoleon Hill

A new landmark in my life of epic proportions:

Lise and I have started playing music together!

We are learning to play "House of the Rising Sun" as a duo.  I am on electric bass and Lise is on violin.  It sounds pretty darned good.  I have an Internet metronome turned up to help me stay on the beat as my part calls for just one note per measure and I jump in too soon sometimes.

Very, very cool.  Sarah is learning guitar, so when she has her chords down - we will make it a trio.

In a few minutes I will be off to a 2 hour seat in the front row at the dentist office - oh joy.  The only person in the universe that probably won't help me bemoan my fate is my brother-n-law Peter who is enduring ten times that with his own dental issues.

Note to self: send salt-water Taffy (they live on a boat in S.F. Bay half the time) to him as a get-well gift.  If his jaw isn't wired shut - he just may crack a little smile.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment