Friday, June 24, 2011

SUNRISE - June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011 Sunrise 5:43 am
"Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' 
Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"  
 Frank Zappa

They say that ignorance is bliss - or perhaps just a sign of an early onslaught of  Alzheimer's.

So having discovered the hedonistic pleasure of someone else brushing out your ponytail and fixing it for you every morning (a rare experience for men) ...I thought nothing of an after dinner "ponytail re-do'  - a gift from my daughter...much like a scalp massage - except better....

...until I returned home later from a hour long guitar lesson with my music teacher and a subsequent half-hour shopping excursion at the local grocery store after (long line of people behind me in the store), only to discover I had been "Barbie-ized" with a bright green band "ballet bun" on the back of my head.

Lise said she noticed it standing behind me in line at the store but didn't want to embarrass me by saying anything.  This "bun" was built to last with several Bobbie pins and a net for added stability.

Somehow the two women in my life thought this was hysterical, laughing so hard their ribs ached.  I did not see the humor so much...maybe a bit more now...

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment