Saturday, March 12, 2011

SUNRISE - March 12, 2011

March 12, 2011 Sunrise 8:21 am
"People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.  - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross  

'Tis 5:20 pm. In about one hour, my guitar and I will be signing up for open-mike night at  a local pizza parlor.  My alternate universe desire to play in a rock band will take center stage.  More curious than nervous,  I am as prepared as I can be, considering I just picked this bass up six months ago and I can't read music.  Probably as good a litmus test for advancing Alzheimer's onset as any.  I have memorized my part and and as of 30 minutes ago, I could still remember what to play.
 
 rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment