Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SUNRISE - March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011 Sunrise 7:14 am
“What very mysterious things days were. Sometimes they fly by, and other times they seem to last forever, yet they are all exactly twenty-four hours. There's quite a lot we don't know about them. “ - Melanie Benjamin

 Lise had Lasik Surgery today on her eyes.  She is resting for the next day or so with ski-goggles (sorta looks like that, but because they are from a medical facility, they are probably about 400 times more expensive).  She needs to stay in bed and rest for the remainder of the day and then have follow-up with her regular eye doctor tomorrow.  This is something she has wanted to do for a long time..Kudos to her for going forward.

I could have watched on the big screen, but as soon as they peeled back the first little cornea flap, I was done. Read Scientific American, cover to cover, while averting my eyes from the big monitor.   I have had chemo, radiation, heart electric shocks...blah, blah, blah.  I don't think I would do this one.  Would also avoid a vasectomy, but I think the danger of that has passed.

Just think, she will be able to see tomorrow's Sunrise with her new eyes.
 
I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment