Sunday, March 20, 2011

SUNRISE - March 20, 2011

March 20, 2011  Sunrise 7:10 am
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” Harriet Beecher Stowe

Today is the first day of Spring.  A measurement of the passage of TIME.  Spring, followed by Summer, blends into Fall, and of course then it is Winter.

When I was in my teens, TIME moved ever so slowly.  It seemed that I would never get to be 18 or 21.  Now looking at 64, the passage of TIME is stuck in Overdrive, and the brakes are out. So many ways to measure this phenomenon known as the 'passage of time'.  Alarms, watches, end of your shift, end of your day, the arrival of another Spring, etc. marking the clicking off of those moments leading up to the opportunity to play at the next level.

I have a quirky method of measuring that my TIME is moving right along that is quite odd.  As I have a lot of pills to take for my little heart issues, I acquired a pill box some time ago, with seven compartments marked Sunday through Saturday.  I fill the box up every Sunday and mentally note how I expect my week to go and things I want to accomplish, people I need to meet and places I wish to go for the next week. Each week, at the beginning, it seems as if I have a world of Time available to me.  I blink twice and it is instantly next Saturday.  The pill box is empty.  Seven days of my life have passed.  Where did the TIME go? Did I achieve anything of note?  Did I use the TIME wisely?  If I had a do-over, would I have done things differently?  How will I choose to use the next block of TIME?  How many blocks of TIME are available?  Instead of wondering about months, years and decades of TIME yet available, I have become increasingly curious as to the number of weekly pill-box-fillings I have yet to participate in and the quality of the TIME spent between each one. 

Just wondering…


rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment