Thursday, February 3, 2011

SUNRISE - February 2, 2011

February 2, 2011 Sunrise 7:10 am
“I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can.”   - Linda Ellerbee 


I reclaimed my sense of hearing today, partly driven from my realm of senses by far too much loud rock - n - roll over the years.  Ironically, now that I am getting back into the possibilities of including loud guitar playing, I got fitted for hearing aids today to go along with my sight aids (tri-focals).  

Gotta love modern science for our TIMES.  A hundred years ago I would have been a deaf and blind stand-up comic perhaps, without the marvelous benefits of current technology.

Actually, everything around me is a bit too loud now.  This sound of tapping on the keys on my keyboard is verging on being a bit unpleasant.  I had to decrease the sound level on the CD player in my car, when I left the clinic, by about half.  

The elevator at my work is too loud.  I can hear everybody's conversation in the room like I am a spy (why do people talk so loud)?  The click - click - click of the wall clock is distracting.  I am told I will get over it in a couple of days and return to some version of selective hearing (but more clearly-ha).  

Just one reason I am glad I have more time
Although I am pleased with the opportunity to say YES when someone says "Can you hear me now?" and will hopefully refrain from saying "Say again?" repeatedly to my family...I now have a higher regard for the essence of "Silence is Golden."


rlw
 
 The Mad Hatter:

 Every face I see, the look is the same
But no one knows for sure
But one thing that I know, is all that you take
You give it back and more
Chorus:
Time, time, time, time, time (Just give me some)
Time, time, time, time, time (Just give me some)
Time, time, time, time, time (Just give me some)
Time, time, time, time, time
Give me some, give me some,
Just give me some, give me some, give me some time...
Give me some... [Tick tock - tick tock]
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment