Thursday, February 3, 2011

SUNRISE - February 3, 2011



"You’re writing the story of your life one moment at a time."
Doc Childre and Howard Martin


 Day two with new hearing-aids.   

When I departed the parking garage yesterday I noticed this little bell dinging to let pedestrians and bicyclists on the sidewalk near the exit know that a car was about to emerge from the opening.  I thought that was pretty cool and a good safety feature.  

When I arrived this morning I mentioned it to the the valet guys and asked when had they installed that new feature.  With a straight face the young kid looked right at me and said" About seven years ago, sir." 

It is like a new adventure every day - in stereo.  Now I find myself asking people to tone it down and speak more quietly.  Still, it is better than "Say again?"  I also find that I hear more than I need to know.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment