Thursday, February 24, 2011

SUNRISE - February 24, 2011

February 24, 2011 Sunrise 6:44 am
"Begin doing what you love now.  
We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, 
and melting like a snowflake."  ... an inspirational plaque given to me from Nancy Loeffler.


How appropriate to find this wonderful gift in the mail when I got home tonight.  For eight years I have been volunteering to run business networking events for my company.  I love doing it, they are successful, but very time-consuming.  Recently, I gave up running the events and gave notice to end my participation.  I have made a lot of friends and it is  soul-satisfying to have tons of people be grateful and excited about the good results of your efforts.

Tonight was my last night for this event series.  It was perhaps one of the most successful I have coordinated in the last eight years.  It was very well attended, despite a steady rain.  I got lots of accolades and 'attaboys'.  Only a few people knew it was my last event.  


Gift from Nancy Loeffler
I got home to my family at eight o'clock at night after a 7:30 am start.  I had mixed feelings about the decision.  I have so many things I wish to do with my time and when you find a conflict of ten things to do and only time for nine...you realize that your snowflake is melting and this is your moment in time.  

What perfect timing to open the box and to know I made the right decision.  Thank you Nancy.

"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it."Charles Buxton

No comments:

Post a Comment