Monday, February 7, 2011

SUNRISE - February 6, 2011

February 6, 2011 Sunrise 7:06 am
The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshall replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!'  - Jim Bishop

I am unsure as to which part of this great quote I like the best.  I appreciate the sense of urgency necessary to realize the long enduring quests we set for ourselves, but the flavor of one of God's living things taking 100 years to reach maturity is rather delicious, inspiring and somewhat comforting.

The morning time was wiled away taking Sarah and her friend to Ikea to shop and have the $.99 breakfast.  Spent a relaxed afternoon going through all my non-clothing dresser drawers and sorting everything into legacy boxs for the kids, compiling correspondence with my mom (dating back to 1965), counting and bagging old coins including steel pennies, 1865 silver dollars, buffalo head nickles, Japanese war occupation currency (Japanese dollars) and arranging my own Rock Poster Collectibles (setting in motion their path down the yellow brick road to the land of eBay). 

Gorgeous day.  No TV.  No football.  I hear the Packers won, so Mudville will be a happy place tomorrow at work. Lise and Sarah headed out after lunch to shop for Sarah's trip to play cello at Disneyland this coming Friday and I used my new-found non-spoken for TIME to spend with myself to deal with the perennial number 10 thing on my "Top 10 Things to do (never usually get past number 3 or 4).

"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?"? - Hunter S. Thompson

rlw


No comments:

Post a Comment