Sunday, January 16, 2011

SUNRISE - January 16, 2011


“No use thinking of the past for its gone, don't think of the future because it has to come, think of the present because that’s where you are and that’s the place from where you can control the past and the future.  -  Kazi Shams

January 16, 2011 Sunrise 7:22 am
I posted yesterday about the simulation of ‘creating time’ by borrowing from another TIME jar, labeled for a different use of your minutes.  I had been reading a book in the evenings as I awaited the sandman.  A good read:  “Die Trying by Lee Child”.   

As it is with any good action-oriented novel, the pace quickened as it neared the denouement of the adventure.  Far too soon, it was TIME to close it up and get to sleep, as I had another Sunrise pending in a few hours.  I made the conscious decision the finish the book last night (this morning) and finally closed the last chapter at about 3:40 am.  I took (stole) minutes from my allotted-sleep jar to add minutes to my read-the-book jar. 

Alarm still went off at the same time and I got up to greet the new sunrise, review my gratitudes and plan my day. Three hours rest. Then I made a decision to transfer minutes from my greet-sunrise-review-gratitudes-plan-day-eat breakfast-download photos-write the blog jar so I could go back to bed to grab a couple of hours of sleep. 

There is no end to this behavior; little time-ripples rushing across the pond.  Every time I‘borrow time’ forward, My static, original allotment is diminished.  All of today’s planned hour-long  projects now became forty-five  minute projects to recover the loss of TIME. 

No regret; probably do it again if ‘do-overs’ was a real option and not just a childhood game.

The impact: 

*Read the book because I wanted to – whew!
*I am becoming more efficient with my hour (completing the first three projects in close to forty-five minutes each.
* By 3pm I should be caught back up.
*If I am successful, I can now justify staying up to 3:45 am –ha

*Note to self- you are not 21 anymore – Take a precious minute of your day and think twice before you do that again anytime soon.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment