Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SUNRISE - January 25, 2011

January 25, 2011 Sunrise 7:17 am
“Time flies and draws us with it. The moment in which I am speaking is already far from me”. Nicolas Boileau-Despreaux


I heard two Cancer stories today, I probably have heard similar stories for years, but until you are in the middle of the equations, the stories don’t seem to stick like they do now.  The first was how someone's relative was living Cancer free for five years post treatment when the Cancer came back with a vengeance and she was gone in about three months.  The second is an internet acquaintance on a Cancer forum – just passed the seven-year mark Cancer-free and going strong. 

Both stories involve TIME.  One got five more years and one received seven years and counting. 

Yesterday was 1111 days since Cancer diagnosis and the time has flown by.  Oddly, I do find myself measuring my allotted time in little innocuous ways such as how quickly the week passes because my weekly pill dispenser is empty and has to be filled again so soon. I think, between the time I filled it and a week later – what have I accomplished, what progress towards my goals have I made and/or what mark have I made?  Sometimes satisfactory - sometimes not.

Another TIME measure – my musical rock debut is in 95 days.  The last undone wish.  My 20 minutes of Rock-n-Roll fame. Practice - Practice - Practice.

Today’s gratitude:  the sense of hearing (should get even better when I get my new hearing aid next week) and love of music.  I have also noticed there are very few sounds (other than the distant freeway) at dawn.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment