Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SUNRISE – January 18, 2011

January 18, 2011 Sunrise 7:21 am
“Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever.” - Isak Dinesen

I am an avid collector of motivational quotes and of late, ones that deal with TIME.  Having had the opportunity to experience just a few of the difficult diversions that life can throw at me, I fully subscribe to the notion that all new experiences are only relative to the experiences I have already had. 

Just recently, my hip has started to bother me, making going up and down the stairs in our two story home, not as much fun as it used to be.  I know my lovely bride wants to trade abodes for a one-story home, so perhaps she gained access to a Haitian Voo-Doo doll, scraped up some of my hair (what doesn’t recede, grow into a pony tail, just falls out),and is putting a hat pin into the hip of the poor little straw facsimile of me.  If so, we may be moving next week.

However, I actually somewhat enjoy the experience of trying to make it upstairs without wincing too much, as it reminds me of going through chemotherapy treatment, not that long ago, when I couldn’t walk at all.  You see; all is relative.  The difficult time I spent in Cancer treatment recovery has, so far, made it easier for me to deal with all the relatively minor inconveniences of life that have followed.

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.”  - Jeremy Irons 

...no personal sunrise pic today...my son is consolidating files on my computer and it is "thinking" right now and I can't access my uploaded pictures.

rlw

No comments:

Post a Comment