Thursday, January 6, 2011

SUNRISE - January 5, 2011

“Pick my left pocket of its silver dime, but spare the right - it holds my golden time!”  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

How often have we/do we sell our golden time in exchange for  a silver dime?  The ultimate trick is to have a means of adequate ‘silver dime’ income to live by doing what you love enough to rationalize its depletion of your ‘golden time’, valued-moments bank account.

I am struggling with the concept of retiring – not because I have enough money – it is rather that I fear I won’t have enough TIME to finish all of my starts.  I have buckets of wooden ‘round to its’ strewn throughout my little kingdom.  I am desirous of getting to more of those little ‘round-to-its’, as they have no real value to anyone other than me. 

January 5, 20121 Sunrise 7:24 am
I am thinking that I would like to become adequate (seriously, just adequate would be a grand achievement) at a myriad of personal desires, such as, building birdhouses, large decorative wall clocks, Chinese brush painting and calligraphy to name a few.  To blog all day and play good ol’ rock–n-roll bass guitar all night would be a lovely path to follow, as I slide inevitably down to the cliffs overlooking the sea. 

  "Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens." – Epictetus

 [Note as it is my endeavor to post daily - i share that there was some dark wormhole in the internet universe last night and for the life of me could not get this to post.]

rlw



No comments:

Post a Comment