Sunday, January 23, 2011

SUNRISE - January 23, 2011

January 23, 2011 Sunrise: 7:18
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat". - Theodore Roosevelt


Very foggy start today, but it burned off by mid morning.  I spent the better part of the weekend rearranging my lists.  Lists, lists, here and there; my God, they are everywhere!

I dedicate so much time to my lists that I am not sure if they save me TIME and keep me on track to accomplish all that I want to with my moments.  I have so much that I wish to get done, it seems somewhat impossible at times.  Not so much that I couldn't get them done if I had all the time in the world.  Ah, but therein lies the rub.  

And then, what about the new things today that weren't on yesterday's list?  There is, however, such a certain sense of satisfaction in putting a checkmark next to the finished task (sometimes I put something on the list that I just finished, that wasn’t on the original list, just so I can cross it off and feel like I am making progress).

I finally stopped all my magazine subscriptions, because I already have a stack of previous issuers that I haven't read yet.  The internet is worse with tons of email coming in daily from information sources I have requested to keep me in the loop so much that it makes me “loopy”.

What I am grateful for today:

My Health. 

That does sound odd, I know…considering.  This weekend had Spring-like days.  Beautiful.  Lise and I went for a short walk. I couldn’t walk too far, but I could.  Great meals this weekend – I made roast chicken and stuffing with apples, pecans and cranberries for dinner.  I made a large pot of very spicy, vegetarian chili.  I ate it all.  There was a time in the not too distant past where I couldn’t eat at all.   

I went to a special presentation of the Sacramento Ballet to witness a rehearsal for an upcoming presentation of Romeo and Juliet.  Front row seat.  Magnificent!  Dancers are definitely outstanding athletes. The music, by Prokofiev, was fantastic. I know people that can’t eat solid food, walk without a cane, have migraines or back pain constantly, can’t see and can’t hear.   

I am so much better off.

rlw







No comments:

Post a Comment